Fortuna – The Friendly City
The friendly city of Fortuna (also known as Sunny Fortuna… those other towns are foggy) is the perfect basecamp for Humboldt County and visiting the California redwoods. You will be just minutes away from magnificent redwood parks, pristine beaches, the historic Victorian village of Ferndale and close to the Eel River. Plus shopping, local breweries and wineries.
A few of our favorite things to do in Fortuna (or darn close by!):
- Talk a stroll down the two-mile path of the Fortuna Riverwalk overlooking the Eel River.
- Go horseback riding through the redwoods and down the Eel River at Korobi Stables.
- Learn about the history of the Eel River Valley at the Depot Museum.
- Get fresh apples and apple cider at Clendenen’s Cider Works.
- Visit a cheese-making..making cheese the right way! Loleta Cheese Factory
- Take a walking tour of the historic Village of Ferndale.
- Coming for business? Be sure to book the River Lodge Conference Center.
- Getting married or having an event? Be sure to book the River Lodge Conference Center.
- Try your luck on a slot machine or enjoy table games at the Bear River Casino.
- Steer your wheels through a living tree! Three of our Northern California giants offer you this unique experience.
- Visit the Humboldt Redwoods State Park to see the Avenue of Giants â€“ the worldâ€™s largest remaining old-growth redwood forest along the coast.
… And visit the amazing redwoods and state parks that surround Fortuna. See the Local Area page or this list of ten must-see redwood trees.